Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 18: Spider Cupcakes


I'm kind of into making halloween cupcakes, so tonight was the first of i'm sure many cupcakes to come. These would work as just ore
o cookies. Infact, if I didn't' have cupcakes in the freezer from John's birthday, I'm sure thats what I would have done. For the oreo spiders I just cut 4 pieces of pull apart licorice (about 3/4 of the length) and placed them between the oreo cookies. Then
I glued on m & m's for the eyes and added frosting for the eyeballs (both left over from the day of the dead skulls). Finally, I placed them on frosted cupcakes.

To make the spiderweb cupcake (had to for Sophie. she claims not to like oreos. as if that's even possible), you just frost concentric circles and run a tooth pick through them. I photographed the technique so you could see what i mean!!

circles. . .

toothpick. . .

and wallah!

No comments: