Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 13: Rebecca's Pumpkin Bread


Ok, my kids think I was cheating on this one. To me, pumkin means Halloween right? But they think it should be more spooky or creative. Whatever, I just saw it as a good excuse to make the pumpkin bread recipe that Rebecca posted last year. And let me tell you, Halloweeny or not, it was tasty, and if you haven't made it yet, make it. Thanks Rebecca!!

What you'll need:

3 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2/3 cups water

Instructions:

Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl
Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl
Combine wet and dry ingredients
Add chocolate chips until your hearts desire!
Cook in bread loaf pans for 1 hour at 275-300 degrees

No comments: